Saturday, December 20, 2008

Breast Cancer

Hey everyone, I figured I owe it to all my friends and family to let you know whats going on, but I hate you make you all worry. It's kinda weird to be posting this but it's the best way to reach all of you, so here goes. I found out on Monday that I have breast cancer. I found a lump about three weeks ago, had a biopsy done and the doctor called me Monday to tell me that it is cancer. Apparently I am estrogen dominant and that has been feeding the cancer. I also found out that my dad's dad's mom had breast cancer but that seems to be the only connection. I have surgery scheduled on Friday to have the lump removed and to see if there is cancer anywhere else(hopefully not). I'm not certain how the treatment will go after that but its possible I will need chemo, radiation, and an estrogen inhibitor(which means no kids for approx. 5 years:( not my favorite news). My family and I had our tearful day and now we are all just moving on and doing what needs to be done. I know that whatever is supposed to happen will and I have faith in my Heavenly Father's plan for me. I also know I have the unending love and support of all my family and friends! I love you all so much, thanks for all you do! I will let you know what we find out after surgery. Love you guys!

1 comment:

Megan said...

Hey Megan, I hope you don't mind but I found your blog through Niki and I just wanted to let you know that you're in my prayers and never too far from my mind. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you. Hang in there!